Hello ImageChef artists, how has November been treating you so far? We hope you haven’t gotten blown away in a snow flurry and are staying nice and warm as the wintry weather comes your way. We’ve got a something extra special to cheer you up and provide holiday warmth this week, our partners at CyberLink’s have launched an awesome festive campaign exploring the Evolution of the Holiday Home Movie which we are thrilled to share with you!
As long as there have been cameras, Americans have been infatuated with documenting their lives, especially around the holiday season. CyberLink delved into the history behind this trend and compiled a rich entertaining archive of videos that shows the evolution of home movies over the past 50 years. They’ve also created a snazzy Infographic (which can be found at the beginning of this post) providing some tips and tricks to help YOU make the best holiday home movies ever in 2014.
“We’re eager to share our entertaining research about the evolution of holiday home movies and the tricks of the trade we’ve collected from expert users of CyberLink’s suite of products. Everyone can learn how to produce holiday videos that will be shown at family reunions and get-togethers for years to come.”
-Alice Chang, CEO of CyberLink
CyberLink’s Tips For Video Creation Include:
- Tip #1 – Invest in a Mini Tripod for Your Smartphone: Mom and Dad’s home videos were always grainy and shaky while they circled the party, eggnog in one hand camera in the other, capturing every moment on film. Tripods and mini tripods for smartphones are an inexpensive and easy way to capture scenes like guests entering a party or kids unwrapping their gifts while giving time for a quick break and time to enjoy the holiday from the other side of the lens.
- Tip #2 – Create a Storyline: Be your own Steven Spielberg and make your holiday home movie award-worthy by telling an entertaining story. By creating a storyline in advance to set the framework for your video, you can select an overall theme, a beginning, middle and end to give your movie a Hollywood worthy plotline. To make your movie more unique, consider adding voiceovers, “staged” scenes or even editing your home holiday movie to a stylish video eCard or slideshow to share with your friends and family this year. Go wild and include a 30 second blooper real!
- Tip #3 – Adequately Proportion People vs. Scene: Jumping from one shot to another is often jarring to watch in a home movie. Including a few scenic shots like the light of a Christmas tree, snow fall or a table setting can help transition from one scene to the next, so make sure you take a few shots of the surroundings as well. Experts say the general rule is a healthy three to five seconds of scenery juxtaposed with the holiday action in your movie when all is said and done.
- Tip #4 – Collect Video from Family and Friends: Chances are you aren’t the only one capturing the holiday action this year. Put the call out to friends and family for their smartphone videos and find editing software with a multi-camera feature. It will let you edit scenes of the same view captured from all angles. Cloud sharing programs can be a great tool in helping to bring everyone’s content together in one place for easy access and storage. Mom and Dad definitely never had that!
- Tip #5 – Find Your Classic Holiday Movie Moment: Imagine if Clark Griswold of National Lampoon fame had a smartphone during his Christmas vacation? There are a lot of ways to capture the quirky, candid holiday action that is bound to occur so don’t forget to get involved with your subjects. Share toys with the kids, get the family pet involved, and sneak up on grandma, essentially roll camera until you find whatever is going to keep everyone laughing for years to come!
- Tip #6 – Invest in Quality Video Editing Software: One of the biggest advantages of living in the 21st century is accessible video editing software that traditionally has been reserved for the pros. It has given us the power to create truly memorable and innovative home movies that will last a lifetime, or at least as long as YouTube.
In addition to helping you take your home movies to the next level this Holiday Season, CyberLink has also pulled together these great tips and tricks to ensure you don’t have any potential ‘Holiday Photo Fails’:
And to make the magic last all winter, there’s even a contest! CyberLink will also be releasing even more new tips and tricks for photo and video perfection every few days on their Facebook Page. Head on over and ‘LIKE‘ their page today, and every time you see them post a #CyberLinkHoliday tip or trick share it with your friends and family. From now till December 31st CyberLink will be giving away 10 copies of their fantastic photo (PhotoDirector) and video (PowerDirector) software each week to Facebook Fans that share their #CyberLinkHoliday tips.
So what are you waiting for? Check out CyberLink’s event page today, get inspired by the evolution of the holiday home movie, enter their contest to win editing software, and grab your camera phone or DSLR and start snapping photos and shooting videos to ensure your epic holiday memories can last forever.
‘LIKE’ CyberLink on Facebook Here: https://www.facebook.com/cyberlink
Explore their Evolution of the Holiday Home Movie Campaign Here: www.cyberlink.com/event/holidaytips
Alas ImageChef artists, winter is truly upon us. Snow flurries and cold weather is coming your way! But with it we also get to enjoy ice skating, snowball fights, adorable winter clothing like scarves and hats, and best of all the winter holidays! From here on out it’s a party all the way from Thanksgiving to New Years are you ready for it? Sometimes it takes a little inspiration to get into the holiday spirit and begin expressing yourself, which is why we’re thrilled to present an extra special Group Spotlight for November 2014: artistic expression ♥!
It’s pretty much a rule of thumb on ImageChef that creativity abounds, so of course the artistic expression ♥ group is overflowing with positive artsy energies. So what exactly is it that separates this group from other groups making it a cut above the rest? We think it’s the artists who contribute to make this thriving micro-community one of the best!
Moderated by Karenzhiita Sixx, an ImageChef user well known for her bright creations laced with thrillingly dark undertones, the artistic expression ♥ group follows suit. Artistic expression is not always light and cheerful, members of this group don’t just relish in whimsy, but also admire and explore the darker side of the world.
Members of artistic expression ♥ all have a passion for fashion, and submit remixes showing off their favorite styles to share with their peers. Jewelry, makeup converse and more, this group has it all!
Another popular theme is friendship and love, the artistic expression ♥ group members find new and exciting ways to talk about these classic topics through their creations.
Become a member of the artistic expression ♥ group on ImageChef.com today to take your creative expression to the next level, and till next time…stay warm!
Join the artistic expression ♥ group by Clicking Here!
Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Is it already November and is Halloween really over? Time sure flies when you’re having fun carving pumpkins, eating candy, and dressing in costumes. The best part of Halloween being over is that Thanksgiving is right around and the corner with Christmas hot on it’s heels. The holiday season is always so festive and full of color, which is why we’re thrilled to introduce you to a our User of the Month for October 2014, a lady who’s love of color gravitates towards pink…Meet Miss Lexi Brener!
Lexi Brener is an ImageChef newbie by all official standards. She has only been using ImageChef since 2014 but her superb profile and bright flashy remixes quickly caught our eye. We are planning to continue to watch this rising star and so should you, here’s why…
As a lady of class and lover of Pop Culture Lexi Brener references classic movies like Breakfast at Tiffany’s. This remix showcases one of our favorite Aubrey Hepburn quotes:
Happy Girls are the Prettiest Girls.
A strong character can be quite intriguing, and Lexi Brener has that as well. Inspiration and pride are both strong themes in her creations.
Lastly pink is clearly Lexi Brener‘s signature color, and it reigns high across her profile. From pink nails to Barbie to pink lips and all styles of pink clothing, Lexi Brener loves pink!
Follow Lexi Brener on ImageChef at her unique ImageChef URL http://www.imagechef.com/lexibrener to keep up with all the exciting places Lexi will go. Till next time: stay bright.
Humans of all ages thrive on learning. For children and adults everywhere existence is enriched by education. Was your favorite class in school English? Do you have a passion for poetry that you can’t help but share with those around you? If you answered yes to either of these questions than ImageChef‘s Visual Poetry App is just the tool to express your poetic impulses. While this versatile App has many uses, today we are going to explore how Visual Poetry can be used as a vehicle to teach Concrete Poetry to students of all ages.
Never heard of Concrete Poetry? Don’t fret, we’re more than happy to explain. Concrete Poetry is poetry in which the meaning of the poem is portrayed in a visual manner. For example, if you are writing a poem about a duck and your adjectives reference flying and wings, you could launch the Visual Poetry App to transform your poem into the shape of a duck, allowing the form the words take to be synonymous with your poem’s message. In the above example famous poet John Masefield’s verse The Wild Duck takes on the shape of a duck. For Concrete Poetry beginners good suggestions for content could be favorite animals or foods. Creating your own Concrete Poem using ImageChef’s Visual Poetry App is easy as 1,2,3…
1. The first step to creating your Concrete Poem in Visual Poetry is to choose the shape which best correlates to the poem’s content, for instance for the rhyme Star Light, Star Bright you can choose a star as your jumping off point.
2. Next check the Visual Poetry App’s library of shapes to see if the shape you would like to use is already there, if it’s not you can use our paintbrush tool to draw your shape with your finger. We selected a star shape to match our poem’s subject.
3. Then type in the verses that you would like to include in your Concrete Poem by clicking the bar beside the quill and ink icon. Once you have entered your text click the check mark to save. Voila! The next screen should display your finished Concrete poem. Now you can share the poem with your class, or your friends via social media. You could even print it out and hang it on your fridge.
Now it’s time to try it for yourself or with your favorite student or class! Remember, the Visual Poetry App is also a great tool to assist educators in teaching poetry. Download the Visual Poetry App today to start getting poetic. Already crazy for ImageChef’s Visual Poetry App? You could also try the Visual Poetry tool on the ImageChef website to satisfy your cravings for prose: http://www.imagechef.com/ic/poem/
Download Visual Poetry for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/visual-poetry-word-collage/id364299857?mt=8
What’s the best kind of party? A Halloween party! October is for ghosts and ghouls and breaking all the rules, and our partners at CyberLink are leading the trend. To ensure that Halloween 2014 will be the best ever they’re hosting a spectacular Halloween celebration complete with a trifecta of eerie App greatness: Seasonal updates to the YouCam Makeup and YouCam Perfect Apps, and a contest and costume party that will knock your orange and black striped socks off!
Will your makeup be glam or ghoulish this All Hallows Eve? This Halloween YouCam Makeup is taking guesswork out of the picture by allowing you to try on many costume perfect makeup treatments free of charge! Download the app and upload your photo to see whether you should be a Spider or Cleopatra, a Pumpkin or Poison Ivy. Say ‘bon voyage’ to that expensive makeup artist and get your perfect look with YouCam Makeup‘s digital cosmetic kit in the palm of your hand!
You ‘Trick or Treated’ and CyberLink delivered by adding the best tricks and treats imaginable to their YouCam Perfect App. You can get in the Halloween spirit by creating a photo collage of previous year’s costumes in one of these newly released photo frames, or you can share your photos from this year’s festivities on November 1st. Whatever the case this eerie update will have you saying ‘Boo!’ before you know it.
And last but not least… As you shake out your perfect costume with YouCam Makeup, and share your Halloween successes with YouCam Perfect‘s new photo frames, make sure to save your most BOO-tiful creations and submit them to CyberLink’s YouCam Makeup Sweepstakes for a chance to win an iPhone 6! To join our Halloween party tag your masterpieces #YouCam4Fun #YouCamPerfect #YouCamMakeup #Halloween on Twitter or Instagram and enter this spooky sweepstakes.
Join our Halloween Party, or Get our Spooky App Updates Today:
Click Here to Visit Our Contest Page on Facebook!
Click Here to Download YouCam Makeup for Android
Click Here to Download YouCam Makeup for iOS
Click Here to Download YouCam Perfect for Android
Click Here to Download YouCam Perfect for iOS